Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dheisheh Refugee Camp, Bethlehem

The view from the rooftop.













Some kids in the street, very curious as to why this weird group of Americans were taking a tour of their home, followed us around and eventually commandeered my camera. They kept wanting to take pictures of me, and I was like, "No! Let's get some pictures of you guys!"







I'm pretty sure his name was Mohammad, but I could be wrong.



















Third picture up from the left: these were my favorite little imps! The guy in the middle is Tariq.


























































Second picture up from the left and third picture up from the right: view from the rooftop. There bars are everywhere in Palestine; if you want to add on to your house, you usually build on top of an existing structure.

First and second pictures from the bottom right: We watched Shiraa''s local youth circus... they were quite good! The first picture is a routine where everyone is on a bus and the kid in front is driving it, in the second one this kid is actually juggling with fire! He tried to teach me to juggle balls after the performance, but I was pretty hopeless.

Bottom picture: the top floor of Ibdaa'. Painted on the wall are three martyrs from the camp, on the ceiling is children's graffiti.

No comments: